4 oz (114 g) Bittersweet dark Chocolate broken into small pieces
1 (240 ml) cup all-purpose flour
1/4 (60 ml) cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 (120 ml) cup soymilk
1/4 (60 ml) cup water
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil (olive oil)
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 oz. Bittersweet dark Chocolate, broken into small pieces
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 (320 ml) cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Paper-line 20 (small, 14 big) muffin cups.
2. Melt the chocolate in a metal dish attached to a pot with boiling water. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Combine soymilk and water in small glass measure. Beat brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl on high for 2 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with soymilk mixture.
4. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 18 to 23 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
6. Frost with Bittersweet Chocolate Butter cream Frosting.
For Bittersweet Chocolate Butter cream Frosting:
1. Melt the chocolate the same way as before, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
2. Melt the butter in microwave, until it's liquid like. Mix the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, add the melted chocolate and butter. If icing is too thick, add milk, 1 teaspoon at at a time, to desired consistency. It should be light and fluffy. Makes one and half a cups.
For decoration you can grate some dark chocolate, or you can us your imagination and figure out some other decorations...