I just love different kinds of mushrooms. Especially shiitake mushroom. Did you know that it's super healthy?It's almost like a medicine - it prevents the development of tumors, helps cure allergies and viruses, helps to lower the cholesterol and contains a lot of vitamin D. Great for vegans and vegetarians! And for everyone else.
This pie contains almost all of my favourite ingredients. It tastes unquestionably good, it's good for your health - what else do you need? I added oatbran to the crust, and the crust is made of wholewheat flour only, so it contains a great deal of fiber. And I love the texture. You might wonder about the spices - I assure you it's a lovely combination. I think Indian spices are really one of the best ones. Especially I love cumin. And the smell of these spices is just stunning. I think food would be nothing without spices, and without garlic and fresh herbs. They just create something magnificent and superior. Try it!
For the crust:
1 dl water
1 dl rape oil
1 dl oatbran
3 dl wholewheat flour
For the filling:
4 garlic cloves
100g shiitake mushrooms
400g common mushrooms
olive oil for frying
2 tsp himalaya salt
plenty of black pepper
1/2 tsp cumin (or a bit more if you're into spices!)
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ginger
a pinch of garam masala
1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
2 dl milk
70g tomato puree
1 dl grated cheese
1. Heat the oven to 200°C. Butter a big pie mould with rape oil.
2. To make the dough, pour water and oil into a big bowl, add all the other ingredients, beat with hands into a even crust batter. Pat with hands the batter into the pie mould, cover the sides too.
3. Slice the onions, crush the garlic and slice the eggplant into small pieces. Fry them in a pan in some olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Remove, put into a big bowl.
4. Wash all the mushrooms, cut the ends away. Cut into small cubes. Fry in the same pan in some olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Put into the same bowl with the onions. Mix together.
5. Then add all the spices into the mushroom-onion mixture. Mix well.
6. Spread the onion-mushroom mixture over the crust.
7. Mix together using a whisk the eggs, milk and tomato puree. Pour over the pie. Sprinkle the grated cheese over, then bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
8. Remove and enjoy!