I wanted to cook something really delicious and refreshing. I actually used those ingredients we had in our fridge, and thought that tofu, broccoli, mushrooms and green pepper would be a good match. It tirned out to be very good, and it looked so beautiful, the vibrant colours of green and then the golden brown tofu..Mmm! It's also very healthy, with broccoli which contains iron and good vitamins and with tofu which is a wonderful source of protein and unsaturated vegetable fats which are good for your heart.
And this meal was a real succes, because my brother, who's a devoted meat fan actually loved it, said that it was "surprisingly good" and that it looked "amazingly beautiful". He also wanted to have some more, and I was really secretly screaming hooray in my mind, because he always sais that vegetarian food can't be good! He was clearly wrong. So if you have some meat crazy members in your family, please serve this food to them, and see if they change their minds. I'm sure they will.
I put a lot of pictures about making this food, so that you can see the beautiful ingredients.
250g alpro soya tofu with herbs, chopped into little cubes
2 big pressed garlic cloves
some soy sauce (about 1-2 tbsp)
1 BIG onion, sliced
250g broccoli (use the heads only, save the stem for a soup or something else)
1 green pepper, sliced and chopped
5 big champignons, chopped
1 handful of fresh, chopped basilic
pepper, herbamare salt and ginger powder
1. Remember to wash the tofu under running water and dry it with a kitchenpaper before using it. Warm about one tablespoon olive oil in a pan, add the tofu cubes, soy sauce and then the pressed garlic. Fry until the tofu gets some nice coulour, until it's lightly golden.
2. Take a cast iron pot, or a bigger pan. Warm some olive oil in it (about one tbsp). Add the sliced onion, fry for a while.
3. Then add the sliced and chopped green pepper.
4. Add the chopped champignons.
5. Add the little broccoli heads.
6. Add the tofu, then some black pepper (richly), some herbamare and some ginger. Ready to serve!
7. Light some candles, put the dish on a beautiful plate and eat with fresh salad and a good homemade bread if possible.