Thursday 13 May 2010

Chocolate chip and peanut cookies



I've missed baking so much. I realised it this morning, when I started to bake these cookies and a rhubarb & red currant pie. I have this small holiday (four days) from school and I thought that now when I have time I'll bake something lovely and delicious! And who could resist cookies with chocolate chips and exuberant flavour of peanut? At least I can't. All I can say is that they taste amazing, it's truly a bad temptation to have a plate of these cookies on your kitchen table...they'll disappear quite soon. And I have to mention that when my brother tasted these he said these cookies saved his morning :)

Ingredients:
makes 14 BIG cookies

125g soft butter
1 1/2 dl brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2,5 dl plain flour
120g (one little package) Fazer's baking chocolate chips (Taloussuklaarouhe)
1dl minced peanuts

1. Heat the oven to 200 C degrees.
2. Beat together butter, salt, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs to a fluffy foam.


3.Mix together baking powder, chocolate chips, nuts and flour.


4. Mix the two mixtures well with each other.


5. Put spoonfuls of the dough into two baking sheets, covered with baking parchment. Don't spread the dough, it will spread in the oven.


6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool down well before eating. ENJOY!

2 comments: