I've been dreaming of making this tart since October, when I ate spinach and feta tart in Cannes. This one's a bit different, but still the same ingredients. I actually think this is the best spinach and feta tart I've ever tasted. It's very easy to do and has simple ingredients. And it's very good indeed, it was hard to stop eating, I just wanted more more - it was so delicious! This recipe is about for four persons, unless you're very hungry.
For the crust:
2 dl plain wheat flour
1 dl rye flour
1/2 dl oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1 dl olive oil
1/2 dl water
For the filling:
200g feta cheese
2-3 garlic cloves
1/2 dl milk
1. Warm oven into 200°C. Butter the 23cm mould with olive oil. Make the crust: mix togeher flours, oatmeal and baking powder. Add the oil and the water, quickly mix into a crumby dough.
2. Press the dough into the mould.
3. Take the hard ends of the spinach leaves off, rinse the leaves and put them in a kettle. Boil them for one minute or less, so that they soften a little. Take them away from the kettle, put into a sieve and strain off the water.
4. Chop the onions and press the garlic cloves, fry them for a while in a pan in olive oil and then add the spinach. Take away from the heat.
5. Crumb the feta cheese with a fork, mix together feta cheese, milk and the egg. Add richly black pepper, then some salt (not necessary, because the feta cheese is quite salty).
6. Put the spinach onion mixture on the crust, then pour the cheese egg mixture on the top.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve with fresh green salad.